Sunday, June 3, 2012

UNKNOWN


"Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.  You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." - JRR Tolkien



(this pic is from Mordor, figured it was fitting)


Here I go again, right?  Traveling... it's just in my blood.  No matter how hard I try I just keep managing to find amazing opportunities to experience the world and to taste the different cultures.  Tomorrow I embark on a new adventure.  I am participating in a Graduate Educational Asian study abroad.  Basically those in the Masters in Educational Psychology were offered a chance to go and learn from different Asian Universities.  


The itinerary will be: Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Osaka and finally Tokyo.  After our studies I am spending a week in Japan and catching up with my Japanese friend and her family from my ward in Chandler, who is visiting her family in Tokyo. 


When first learning about the program, I figured that because I had traveled quite frequently that this trip would be just like any other.  But seriously I am about to enter the unknown.  I will be in a world where the only form of communication that is similar to mine is breathing, and I think they are better at that than me too! HA  I can't even grasp the languages or find any of the Latin roots ;) LOL ugh.  But with every hardship greatness emerges.  I have been offered so much help from fellow travelers or people whom have visited in each area.  Today I entered the excitement phase and can't wait for the uncovering of a whole new world. 


Wish me luck and look forward to my awkward stories from abroad !  ..... more to come from Asia! 



No comments: