Saturday, June 16, 2012

S.T.R.E.T.C.H.

Korea
Day 1 - I think after Beijing Korea felt extremely welcoming. The first day was spent catching up on much needed rest...we went to dinner and had the very recommended bibimbap. Also we were able to try their kimchi, which I do not love :( 

Day 2 - We spent the morning with the Yonsei University, learning about their internationalization and touring the campus. That evening we had planned to meet up with Andrews friend who lived in Seoul. She took us to some cheap delicious interactive food. Daisy sat on the opposite end and had NO idea what we were doing (as usual) and so we just added the food that looked best. The waiter kept coming over and helping(fixing) our dinner, haha. Eventually Jay told us to eat the rice with the raw egg in it... I thankfully said no, daisy ate a little. Jay proceeded to say, 'man the egg is sure overpowering in this' well about the time he finished the whole bowl our waiter came over and started cooking ours on our stove...LOL when he went to cook Jays table and it was gone he began to laugh and turned to us and made the throw up gesture...we were all laughing so hard! After dinner we went to Sing Sing karaoke. Karaoke in Asia is so much better than in the states, private rooms for just your friends and whatever music you want (just like my amazing times in New Zealand), it was a blast! 

Day 3 We went around on a little tour of soul. We started at a buddhist temple. This was a very special moment for me. I really appreciate the teachings of Buddha. But more than that is the energy that is with his teachings and specifically when the respect and faith that is happening during worship, is felt. 

Next we went to the main temple. It was beautiful. After our tour we were taken to eat a traditional Korean BBQ. Now once again we sat far from anyone who knew what they were doing, so the waitress was laughing at what we wanted and tried to help us. We ended up with delicious sirloin, we each got 4 bites with lettuce. It cost about $18 a person...maybe not the best idea for food cause we went right after to get food, lol. 

Our final meal in Korea was actually spent with Daisy, Aaron, Jay and I. We went and had Indian food. It was seriously amazing! Makes me so excited to start planning my trip to India! Then Daisy and I went shopping while we were waiting for my friend Jason to get off work and we could see him.  While shopping I wanted a dress from a street vendor, I pointed it out and asked what the price was?  He laughed and replied, 'not for you, you too big!  You need STRETCH!' and pointed to a big stretchy dress.  LOL  Asia is not a good for my self-esteem :(  haha.  Then Jason ended up coming to our hotel at 11 an we're able to catch up. (he is my friend I travelled to Ecuador with). We packed our bags and were ready for Japan in the early morning!





Yonsei University


Buddha Temple... maybe my favorite moment in Korea.  Such an amazing energy here and so many fantastic people here worshiping. 



Sing Sing Karaoke


Our delish Indian food

No comments: