Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Too Big Buddha

Day 1 in Hong Kong... our first night after our 14 hour flight (I was mislead with 16 hours, but 14... was still enough!!)  So our first night we headed out for some local cuisine.  It was cheap and super delish!  Vegtable curry... mmmmmmmmm.  


This is Daisy trying to read the menu...key word trying, ha. 

Day 2 we woke up to our 'american style' breakfast.  Too bad we could pick Asian style, this is what we got offered.  I had oats and a ham sandwich with hot herbal tea (which they bring with every meal). A great start for a long day.


  Today we headed into the Educational Bureau for their government and spoke with them regarding the upcoming changes to their schooling and we offered advice for both here and they offered for us.  It was quite enlightening and enjoyable to see the changes we both hope to gain for future students.  


Then we headed into Hong Kong Island and went to the top of 'the peak' where we were able to see a view of all the tall sky scrapers here.  It was pretty fantastic!


Here are our new travel bff's... Aaron and Jessie whom just graduated with their masters. 


After this we made the hour long journey to the Too Big Buddha.  It is the biggest Buddha statue in all the world.  It was phenomenal!  First because I love the Buddhist beliefs and all that they stand for.  But also because we had to take a cable car up to the top of a mountain and then hike a bit to get there.  It was seriously fantastic.  Along the way I found a future baby daddy ;)   A man from Thailand told me 'next time I come to Thailand to visit him'  hahaha... then he wouldn't leave me alone.  It was so fantastic.  Gotta love all the openness around here.  Maybe that is the energy I am suppose to pick up while here???  (Alli??)


From our cable car, it took about 40 mins to get up and then 40 mins back down. 



Drinking my delish bubble tea



(just an FYI, these photos are from my phone and when I am finished with my trip and editing, I will post more of my camera work.  But thought you would enjoy a few along the way!

Beijing here I come!!!!!!

No comments: