Sunday, December 20, 2009

Israel August 2008



My Uncle, Collin Mangrum was teaching at the Hebrew University for the Summer. So as one of my Dad (and of course mine too) dreams, we were able to go visit the Holy Land. It was my Grandma Mona, my Dad, Creed and I on this journey. To date, this was one of the greatest experiences of my life. It was life changing. We traveled for 2 weeks all around Israel.

From my journal: 'Day 9- As we sat at the BYU Jerusalem center, over looking this great city, Collin read us passages in Matthew. I was there, I was able to taste what I have read and been taught about so many times regarding the life of Christ.'

There are not many words that can describe the experience we shared. When you are able to feel the Spirit in these sacred spots, it is undeniable all that has taken place. The life of Christ is all around us. I believe it is within us. I am so grateful for all that He has done for me. I am so grateful I was able to feel of His love, that I am able to feel it daily. He is real.



The Dead Sea



The steps Christ walked to his Judgement



One of my only wishes while I was there was to meet a Bedouin and to ride a camel...I got to do both!



An Olive Tree in the Garden of Gethsemane



The Family

No comments: