Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tiny Window

Through a tiny window, the world is at my fingertips. For now I see a valley of bitter cold white, snow. The tiny flakes, like a feather, float to the earth so beautifully swirling round like ballerinas covering the earth so no warmth can escape.

The valley looks so cold and lonely. But as I travel onward the desert is alone. Rocks, sand, cactus, trees and what appears to be one road through the center, allowing you to pass through and bring life for even just a moment. But in an instant life emerges as the skyscrapers take over the entire view below.

Now everything appears to be backwards out of this tiny window; the flush of the toilet, the time of day, driving on the left side of the road…the list could go on and on.

But here I sit, in my new home staring out into the world through a big window…



Everyone but Shane's 4 (nieces and nephews)



A White Christmas



Whip Cream Fun!!

Rose Bowl Parade floats

Sunset with the girls, Thousand Oaks.



Why put a sign like this...when you know people like me will be here ;) hehe



They say there are more sheep than people here??



So as this shot is being taken, the swell completely hits me and drenches me...haha so great!

3 comments:

Brad and Meghan Miner said...

Look at you...miss world traveler! I'm so glad you've been able to see some neat places. We'll have to get together soon for lunch or something if you're around.

The Clark Family said...

Did you write that? If you did then I am impressed and you should be a poet!!

Bryn said...

hahaha! I did write that...I know you would never guess ;)